Emergency Management Intern
Do you care about preparing the nation for the worst? Do you have the analytical skills needed to identify gaps and spot trends? Would you be interested in supporting research which contributes to state, local, or Federal preparedness initiatives? Does the field of emergency management excite you?
Motivf is looking for a candidate who embraces challenging work and thrives in self-driven environments. The candidate should be available for a 6 to 8 week internship starting in June 2020. The Emergency Management intern will support several emergency preparedness and response projects, including mass evacuation innovation with the Department of Defense (DoD) and emergency management plans for commercial enterprises. The intern must have an independent work ethic, strong intellectual curiosity, and a desire to collaborate and work on a team.
Work You’ll Do:
• Collecting and reviewing policies and regulations on emergency planning and mass transport from Federal, state, and local agencies, as well as from academic institutions and non-government organizations (NGOs);
• Qualitative and quantitative analysis and synthesis of data;
• Strong writing skills to clearly and cohesively articulate review findings;
• Helping with the presentation of project findings;
• Supporting projects through note-taking, document development and review, and project administrative tasks
• Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program in global security, emergency management, public policy, public health, or a similar field
• Experience in research or policy analysis
• Excellent written and verbal communications, and interpersonal skills
• The desire to contribute to the field of emergency management
• The ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
• Strong background in qualitative or quantitative research
• Experience or interest in working with Department of Defense, Homeland Security, or local municipal emergency management offices
• Ability to work successfully under pressure
• Interest in start-up businesses
How You’ll Grow:
At Motivf, our professional development plans focus on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe in life-long learning. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills, work with industry-leading talent on a daily basis, and hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning to continuing education programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career, while delivering products and services to both global and local clients.
How to Apply:
Please fill out an application and upload a resume and any examples of work at the link below.